As we are heading into Autumn our bone broth range are your pantry's quintessential. They are so nutritious, yummy tasting and saves you so much time making them from scratch.
The healing power of bone broths
• Improved digestion & gut health
• Decreased inflammation in the body
• Repair of skin, hair and nails
• Rebuilding bones & joint health
• Increased immunity
• Improved health overall due to better absorption of nutrients
Slow Cooked Osso Bucco
2 carrots, cut into large chunks
2 brown onions, diced
1 small bulb of fennel, finely sliced
6 garlic cloves, crushed
6 dried porcini mushrooms, chopped finely
800g diced tomatoes
500g Beef Broth
50ml balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tsp. sweet paprika
40g butter or olive oil
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. rosemary leaves, chopped
¼ tsp. thyme leaves
pepper to taste
6 osso bucco steaks
parsley to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 120C.
- Using an oven proof casserole dish, melt butter and sauté onions, fennel, garlic, thyme, rosemary and porcini mushrooms until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, vinegar, tomato paste, paprika, beef broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper and cook for 15 mins over medium heat on the stove top.
- Add the osso bucco steaks to the casserole dish and submerge in the sauce. Cover with a tight fitting lid and place in the oven for 3.5 hours.
- After 3.5 hours, remove the lid and cook for a further 1 hour.
- Remove the meat from the bones and garnish with parsley.
Serve with your choice of steam greens, polenta, quinoa, pasta, mashed potato or sweet potato.