Collagen more than just a beauty supplement!
Collagen is definitely having a zeitgeist at the moment; every beauty blogger and celebrity are raving about its benefits. But how do you choose the right type of collagen and how do you know what’s right for you? Here at TCPA Kim is passionate about anti aging and preventative medicine so we have done some of homework for you.
What is it?
Collagen is a major component of the human body about 30% of the total protein inside us. Collagen is essential for joint, muscle, bone, intestinal lining, nails, hair and of course skin! Collagen helps to provide cushioning, strength, hydration and flexibility to protect these vital areas.
Where can I get it?
Being a protein collagen is naturally occurring in some foods including fish, red meat and bone marrow. Osso bucco not for you? Don’t worry your body can synthesis collagen from protein rich foods (beef, chicken, fish and eggs), minerals (green leaft vegetables, shellfish and nuts) and vitamin C (citrus fruit and bright coloured vegetables).
As you can see collagen is made up from consuming a healthy unprocessed diet. If you experience the following symptoms you may benefit from a collagen supplement:
- Poor wound healing
- Dry, dull or saggy skin
- Stomach ulcers or poor gut integrity
- Low bone density, fractures or broken bones
- Sore, tired or painful muscles
- Restricted joints and mobility
- Premature aging
What options are available as supplements?
As mentioned a healthy diet is essential for supporting collagen production. But here at TCPA we offer a range of concentrated collagen sources for those with high collagen requirements or simply want to slow the aging process
- Certified organic Australian beef and chicken powder and liquid
- Ketogenic MCT collagen hot chocolate and coffee
- Grass fed collagen bars
- Marine collagen water and powder (suitable for vegetarians)
- Practitioner only clinically trialled collagen powder (ask our naturopaths for more info)
Leave a comment