Melanoma is a form of skin cancer which unfortunately has a high prevalence rate in Australia. Throughout this month, it is a good reminder to go and get a skin check! Your GP can do skin checks, or book in with a specialist.
Our other top skin tips:
- Always cover up between 10am to 4pm (the strongest sun hours)
- Use a broad spectrum sunscreen every day and remember to regularly reapply when swimming/ sweating
- Have regular skin checks with your GP or dermatologist.
- Also check your skin yourself! Know what is the ‘normal’ for you
- The old campaign "Slip, slop, slap" is for good reason - whenever you leave the house, don't forget your hat, your t-shirt and your sunscreen!
- Remember to reapply and check places you are likely to forget - ears and feet!
Visit http://www.melanoma.org.au for more information!